Saturday, August 22, 2009

TU-TU TUtorial

I have had a few people ask me how to make these no sew tu-tu's, so here's a tutorial for your viewing pleasure! All you need is ribbon, cut long enough to fit around the waist and tie in a bow, and tulle cut in strips that are 3 or 4 inches wide. (You can find very inexpensive tulle at Wally's.) The length will depend on the size of child (or adult) you are making it for. I cut my strips 3" wide.
Fold your tulle in half so that it makes a loop at the top. Stick it under the ribbon.

Take the loose ends of tulle

and put them through the loop.

Pull through...

and down.

Repeat until your tu-tu is the desired fullness that you want.

And there you have it. So Easy, right!!!!

Here's what the front looks like.

And here's the back.
Happy tu-tuing everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! good job too! your a rock star at tutorials!

Tay Pam Smith said...

Ok, you and your continual crafts! Where do you find time for all of that? I've got to get myself organized, wow. So, cute. I finally had a chance to catch up on ALL of your blog entries. You have such a darling family. Thanks for sharing!

Brittney said...

Thanks Bob! I am so going to make one today, and use it for Madilyn's Halloween costum...A FAIRY!! LOVE IT!