Monday, August 3, 2009

Not a spelling bee.....

Last night Kyler got stung on the right ring finger by a bee. He broke out in a rash all over his chest, belly, and back and his finger swelled up. I gave him benadryl and the rash went away, but his finger was still swollen. When he got up this morning his whole hand was swollen!
So I called down to the clinic and asked the nurse if she thought I should bring him in. She told the doctor and he said to come right down! So off we went. Well, the benadryl took care of the allergic reaction- however, the bee sting is infected! The doctor said it was good that I brought him in because in a matter of 12 hours it may have spread halfway up his arm and kept traveling! So hopefully the oral antibiotics will work and he won't have to go back in and get the shot. We're supposed to watch it very closely for the next couple of days to make sure that the swelling doesn't go up his arm any further and that no more redness appears. Wish him luck! Dang bee! It does my little heart good knowing that when that stinger ripped off... that bee kicked the bucket! Serves him right for stinging my boy!


3 comments:

Tammy said...

Poor little guy! Hope he doesn't have to get a shot. Those are not fun. Good luck!

Gurr Family said...

Oh that sucks!!! I hope he is feeling better.

Unknown said...

What!? stinking bees! I can't believe his hand. That is scary! I'm so glad things are looking up!