Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mirror Crafting!

Today I crafted something ultra FAB! How much fun are these?! They were plain jane wooden framed mirrors... and now they're super fun, super cute framed mirrors!I am going to be putting them in the main bathroom upstairs. But before I do, I need to paint a wall in there, make a cute shower curtain, find a cute rug, and add some ribbon to the mirrors to hang them. So when I get the bathroom done, which may not be until after May birthdays are over, I will post the whole enchilada!

4 comments:

John Sumsion said...

Bobi--this is Diane. Did you get your mirrors at IKEA? I want to know how you made them!!

Bobi... said...

Diane, I did get my mirrors at IKEA. They were only 2.99 each! First, you paint the frame. Then, cut your paper 10"x10". Next, measure from the outside of the frame to the mirror. Mark off these measurement on the back side of your paper, then cut out the square with an xacto knife (I just used a utility knife.) After your paint has dried, mod podge the paper to the mirrors making sure to get any bubbles smoothed out. After that dries, sand the outside edges of the frame and the edges of the frame by the mirror.(Sanding the edges of the frame and the paper.) Then, mod podge over the top of the paper. So easy and so FUN!

Gurr Family said...

Those are really cute. You crafty thing you.

Patty said...

I had no idea you were so crafty. I love the mirrors and want to do some myself. Where is IKEA?