Monday, February 15, 2010

cookies and boxes

Okay, so here's the story...
At the boys' school, they sent home a note that said for $1.25 they would take a special Valentine's cookie to your child. Well, Annette and I were talking and we decided that we wanted our kids to have a special cookie, but we didn't want to pay $1.25 for it. So I made the boxes, and she made the cookies. Then we each decorated our own cookies. This is how the cookies turned out.
And these are the boxes for the cookies to go in.

MacKelle's box was the only girl box, so I put a bow on it to pretty it up for her.

Kyler and Corden's cookies.

We went down to the school together on Friday and MacKelle delivered Kyler, Corden and Trace's cookies to them in their classes. They were all so surprised and so excited! It was so much fun to watch, and it didn't cost $1.25 per cookie either! (And bonus*** there were cookies for everyone else to eat too!)


7 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish i lived out there. i love sugar cookies, way too much actually. super cute!

sistersue said...

So Cute! How do you make the cute boxes? Is it a template?

Gurr Family said...

How fun for your boys. Those cookies look delicious!

Lundholm Fam said...

looks like fun. thanks for the invite to join

Bobi... said...

Sue- I just made up my own pattern for the boxes.
Brooke- Sorry, we should have called. We'll have to get together and do something fun to do for all the kids for St. Pat's Day!

Annette said...

Your boxes ARE ADORABLE! I still can't believe that you made them! (well I can because you are amazing, but wow, they're super cute!). I think the best part about that day was that we could see their faces when they got them.

Brianna Tuckett said...

What a good idea and perfect for the two of you to do!! I thought the price was a little silly too, but what a great way to do it yourself!! :)