Saturday, January 9, 2010

catch up pics

We went to my Grandma O.'s house this past Thanksgiving.
Well,... my Dad LOVES trains...
and since his birthday was the day after Thanksgiving,
I had my friend Annette make this steam engine cake for him.
See her amazing cake blog HERE.
She did an amazing job!
It looked great and tasted great too!
His favorite flavor is caramel so she made a caramel frosting and put it between the layers- SO GOOD!
I think we really surprised him! :)

A couple of weeks before Christmas I was able to watch my brother, Jefferey's son Jack while he worked in town and his wife, Victoria had her finals.

We had so much fun!
He is such a cutie and such a good baby.
They moved about 4 hours away last March so we don't get to see them very often.
It was really nice to be able to visit and hang out.

Love this little cutie!

4 comments:

Gurr Family said...

That train is amazing, I think she should do one of Lightning McQueen for Carson's birthday.
Jack is adorable. I am sad I didn't get to see him and spend more time with Jefferey.

Annette said...

Glad he liked it-He looks ecstatic! Ü Jack is a cutie! Mase and Jack could be buddies. Like your new background. The light snow falling is a nice touch.

Tammy said...

That cake is awesome! How fun. And what a cute little nephew.

Brianna Tuckett said...

That cake is AWESOME!!! Annette does such an AMAZING job! :) How fun to have little Jack, he looks like a cutie!! I better let my nephew see the "choo choo train cake" again :)