Never in my life have I been so scared as I was last night. This is not an understatement. Let me tell you how the story began... So, there was a birthday party for Corden and Kyler's friend Tyson last night. We were all hanging out doing the whole party thing when Jenny, Tyson's mom, gets a phone call telling her that Ike's (the gas station about 1/4 mile down the road) is on fire! We looked out the back door and you could see the flames rising up in the sky! I knew Stan would be down there fighting the fire and that worried me a bit! Pretty scary when you know your husband is fighting a fire- AT A GAS STATION! All of a sudden, there was a rumble noise and the house shook. I said to my friend Annette, "Did you feel that?" We turned and looked out the window.....
AND THIS IS WHAT WE SAW!
AND THIS IS WHAT WE SAW! It looked like an atomic bomb explosion or something!
I've never seen anything like it!
That was when I really lost it! I just knew that people had to have been seriously injured or even worse, and Stan was down there! As I sobbed in the bathroom, not knowing the fate of the love of my life, my friend Annette said a prayer for the safety of the emergency workers down at the fire.
He didn't answer.....
I left a message.
By the time that my parents got there,
I had found out that somehow
not a single injury had occurred!
Not a single injury!
I couldn't believe it!
I was so excited- you have no idea!
Three fuel tank explosions, one tanker truck full of fuel, and about two or three hours after it all began, our heroic volunteer firefighters had the fire out!
What a brave and amazing bunch of men we have in this community, who risk their lives voluntarily to keep everyone else safe!
Thanks to everyone who was praying for their safety.
Thank you Annette, Mom and Dad for being there when I needed you.
Not a single injury!
I couldn't believe it!
I was so excited- you have no idea!
What a brave and amazing bunch of men we have in this community, who risk their lives voluntarily to keep everyone else safe!
Thanks to everyone who was praying for their safety.
Thank you Annette, Mom and Dad for being there when I needed you.



4 comments:
Ok I cried a little while I was reading this! I can't even imagine what you were feeling! Those pictures are unbelievable! I AM SO GLAD Stan is okay! And may I just say I wish like crazy we lived closer but I am so glad that you have such amazing friends(Annette) to support you. Your parents rock too;) I hope your nerves have settled a bit by now. In a month or so you will only find blessing that came from this and will be glad you recorded this crazy scary situation! Love you guys!
Oh my gosh! I cried a little too! I am go grateful that everybody was okay. I was thinking about you and wanted to call but I figured you were probably trying to get in touch with Stan and didn't want to interrupt. Again I am so glad you have your complete family safe and sound.
Oh by the way your family pictures are amazing.You look beautiful. Stan is very handsome. No wonder your boys are so good looking.
That was VERY scary, but the Lord was definitely looking out for the town and people of Mud Lake because that could have been sooo much worse! I'm glad no one was hurt, but wow that was scary!
Post a Comment