We're celebrating my mom's birthday tonight. I said that I would make the cake so this is what I decided to do. My mom's favorite flowers are daisies so I wanted to make a cake that looked like one. I think it turned out really cute.
With the exception of the sides! Don't look too close. Remember, this is my first attempt at actually decorating a cake by myself. Usually I just cook a 9x13 cake and slap some store bought frosting on it. (I actually made this frosting from scratch!!)
Did you notice the ceter of the flower? That's right, it's totally 3-D. How cool is that?!!
I put lemon filling in between two 8" round cakes and a little circle cake for the center. Even though the sides don't look very pretty, I think it's incredible! I can't believe I actually pulled it off. You can totally tell what it is even!
Keep Getting Back Up...
13 years ago



2 comments:
that is awesome. I must get my love for daisies from her. Happy birthday Rita. And you get your cake decorating skills from my mom. Haha that is kinda funny.
the cake looks great! nice job!
Post a Comment