Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crayon Rolls

These little bundles of awesomeness are called crayon rolls. I found them one night while blog hopping and just had to have some.
The tutorial told how to make the smaller one for the crayons. I made a couple of them and they turned out so cute! I like the kids to use crayola twistables at church so I wanted to have a couple crayon rolls to put them in as well. So I added one inch in height to each of the pieces and they fit perfectly!


How amazingly cool are these things?!

I picked out three different fabrics that I liked and a bunch of ribbon and ric rac to match.



If you would like to make one of these just let me know and I can let you know what you need to do or where you can find the tutorial for them. This was a very easy sewing project. Exactly how I like my sewing projects to be! Anyone can make these, I promise.





5 comments:

Jenny said...

nice job! those are really cute.

traci said...

Your crayon rolls did turn out so nice. Okay, if anyone can do them then it is time that I give it a try. It might make church (if possible) a bit easier for my children to sit through. They are pretty crazy though!

Gurr Family said...

Okay I love those but you know me and I can't sew worth anything so I will need your help.

Annette said...

They are super cute! I saw them put to the test Sunday during church. Sooo, Were they just wonderful??? It looked like Kyler was enjoying it!

Bobi... said...

It's so funny! Both boys were so excited to be able to use the c-roll for the first time! And it did work out quite nicely. We only ended up dropping one twistable down the crack in the back of the bench- only one! Usually it happens MANY times.